Afstudeerwijzer respects the privacy of all its (potential) customers. Your thesis contains important information that is often not yet published to third parties, but often also includes confidential business information and competition-sensitive information. In addition, we collect (personal) data if you use our services. All information and (personal) data that you provide us regarding the thesis guidance is completely confidential and we do not provide data to third parties or to educational institutions. Through this privacy statement we want to let you know that we handle your thesis and your (personal) data carefully and keep it secret at all times.
In this privacy statement we will inform you about the way in which Afstudeerwijzer deals with your (personal) data and other confidential information. This privacy statement applies to all personal data collected by Afstudeerwijzer for the services we offer. By personal data ("Personal Data") we mean Personal Data within the meaning of Article 4 paragraph 1 of the AVG. Afstudeerwijzer hereby qualifies as "Responsible" within the meaning of the Personal Data Protection Act and as "Processing Officer" within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation ("AVG"). Below you can read more about the following topics:
- What Personal Data are processed, for what purposes are they used, the legal basis for processing the data and with whom do we possibly share them
- When you contact us;
- When you enter into an agreement with us
- How is your data protected?
- How long is your data stored?
- Access, correction and modification of your data and other rights that accrue to you
- Contact details and changes to this privacy statement
1. What Personal Data is processed, for what purposes is it used and with whom do we share the data?
As part of our service, Afstudeerwijzer records various (Personal) data. It depends on the way you use our services, what data it concerns. Below we describe for each type of use which data we process, why we use it, on which legal basis and with which other parties we may share the data. We never share the data with parties other than those mentioned below without your consent. We will also never sell your data to third parties.
a. You register via our registration form
When you decide to purchase our services, you must complete the registration form that we send you. You have fill in the form and send it to: email@example.com. we process the following data:
- First and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Zip Code;
- Phone number;
- Skype ID;
- Educational level;
- Name of university;
- Thesis title;
- Deadline thesis;
- Any documents sent by e-mail, such as (a draft of) your thesis.
We do not process payment details. If you send documents via e-mail, they will only be viewed by your thesis supervisor and the contact person of DG Studiebegeleiding. We will never provide and / or sell these documents to third parties.
With what purpose:
Afstudeerwijzer uses your data for the following purposes:
- We use the information you enter on the registration form to process the purchase of guidance hours - in other words, to execute the agreement with you and, for example, send you an invoice for our services.
- We use the data and possibly documents that you have sent to put you in contact with the thesis supervisor assigned to you and to provide this thesis supervisor with the necessary information to be able to guide you in your thesis - in other words, to the agreement with you. to be carried out;
Shared with whom:
- We share this information with: the thesis supervisor who is linked to you and who will guide you through your thesis.
- Processing the above-mentioned data is necessary for the execution of our services - in other words, the agreement that we have with you.
b. When you contact us
When you contact us, for example by asking a question about our services via firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone, social media or post, we use your Personal Data to respond to your question. We then register your question in our administration.
We process the following data:
- Your first and last name;
- Depending on how you approach us: your telephone number, e-mail address and / or home address;
- Any documents that you have submitted, such as (a draft of) your thesis;
- Information about your education and thesis, such as your educational institution, your request for help, your thesis topic, any deadline (s);
- Your preferences in the area of our service and any details you give us about this.
With what purpose
Afstudeerwijzer uses your data for the following purposes:
- We use the data to improve our services;
- We use the data and any information in the documents that you send us to answer your questions and advise you on your questions, for example regarding the type of thesis supervision, the amount of guidance hours or which thesis supervisor suits you;
- We use the data to help you if you have questions or complaints about our services.
Shared with whom:
- We share this information with: our thesis supervisor (s), for example to check your question or complaint with them or check their availability.
- The processing of the above data is necessary, depending on the reason why you contact us, to advise you or to help you with questions and / or complaints.
Additional transfer of personal data
In addition to the situations described above in which we share Personal Data, Personal Data collected by Afstudeerwijzer may be shared in case of:
- A business transfer: in the event of sale, merger, reorganization or dissolution of Afstudeerwijzer or a comparable situation related to DG Studiebegeleiding, Personal Data may be part of the assets to be transferred;
- Legal obligations: if legally required or if you are sincerely convinced that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation (ii) to protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) in urgent situations to protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public, or (iv) to protect against legal liability, Personal Data will be disclosed or shared.
2. How is your data protected?
Afstudeerwijzer understands that the safe storage of your Personal Data is important. The data stored in our database is protected by using current and up-to-date electronic security techniques, according to the applicable data protection standards.
3. How long is your data stored?
Afstudeerwijzer does not store your data longer than legally permitted and no longer than necessary for the purposes why your data is processed. How long certain data is stored depends on the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is processed.
4. Access and correction of your data and other rights that accrue to you
Access, correction and deletion of your data
The details and documents that you have filled in yourself or have been sent to you can be viewed by you at any time.
If you wish, Afstudeerwijzer can provide you an overview of the Personal Data and documents that are known by us. If the information proves to be incorrect, or if it is stored in violation of applicable laws and regulations, we will correct this information or remove it at your request.
Requests for viewing, correction or deletion of data can be submitted at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Afstudeerwijzer will then delete or modify your data within 4 weeks after confirmation.
- Making an objection
If you do not agree with a certain way of processing your data, you can object to the processing at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your objection as soon as possible after we received your e-mail, but in any case within 4 weeks.
- Data portability
You are entitled to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive the Personal Data you have provided to us in a usable form to transfer it to another controller. If you want to receive your data in such a form, you can send an e-mail email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss in which format you want to receive the data. We will respond to your request and provide the data after this contact within 4 weeks, and within 3 months at most if the request is complex.
- Withdrawing previously given permission
If you have given us permission to process your Personal Data, you can withdraw this permission at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer and confirm your request with regard to withdrawal of consent as soon as possible, but in any case within 4 weeks.
- Submitting a complaint to a Data Protection Authority
If you are concerned about the way in which we handle your Personal Data, including the way in which we have processed your Personal Data, you can report this to a data protection authority that is authorized to hear these complaints.
5. Contact details and changes to this policy
If you want to contact us regarding questions or comments about this privacy statement, you can do so through the following contact details:
Denise Groeneveld - Afstudeerwijzer
E-mail address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 06 13 26 64 33
Postal address: Jacob van Maerlantstraat 13 5216 JB Den Bosch
This privacy statement can be changed by Afstudeerwijzer from time to time, if new developments take place and / or it is deemed necessary. If Afstudeerwijzer carries out substantive changes or is legally obliged to do so, we will inform you about this prior to this change via the e-mail address known by us. Read this privacy statement regularly, especially before you provide us any Personal Information. This privacy statement was last updated on the date shown below.
6. Cookies, and other techniques, that we use
6.1 Google Analytics
Function: Analytical cookie that measures website visits and personalises content and advertisements.
We use the program Jilt to make you a personal, temporary offer when you add a product to the shopping cart and leave your e-mail address. Via e-mail you will receive a reminder of the product that you have added to the shopping cart on our website. You can unsubscribe from this mailing via the e-mail you will receive at any time.
6.3 Facebook Pixel
Function: analytical cookie that measures website visits. We use a Facebook Pixel to measure the effectiveness of advertisements (to analyze how many percent of the people who see an advertisement visit the website, sign up for the newsletter or place an order, etc.);
Furthermore we use a Facebook Pixel to create look alike target groups of visitors who visited our website in order to attract new customers who can benefit from the products we offer on our website;
Cookie settings in your browser:
Social media: share on Facebook
We give the option to share articles written in our blog on Facebook via a special link. Cookies are used to make this link work properly.
Unsubscribe from cookies
You can opt out from cookies by setting your internet browser in a way that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser. For an explanation, we refer to: https://veiliginternetten.nl/themes/situatie/cookies-wat-zijn-het-en-wat-doe-ik-ermee/
This privacy statement has been updated on December 27, 2018.